What is Elakizhi?
“Ela” means “leaves” and “kizhi” means “pouch”. The interaction includes the utilization of leaves fried in ayurvedic oil and attached to a linen fabric that helps structure the potli.
Elakizhi, also called Patra Pinda Sweda, is a type of sweat treatment used to give alleviation from pain and rejuvenate and reinforce the soft tissues, joints, and muscles in the body. Kizhi is a massage treatment presented for the treatment of issues related with muscles, bones and joints.
Duration: 15 min – 60 min
What does it contain ?
- Eranda (Ricinus communis)
- Arka (calotropis procera)
- Nirgundi (vitex negundo)
- Rasna (pluchea lanceolata)
- Coconut scrapings
- Arthritis, Spondyloarthritis, Neck and Back pain, Sports injuries and for all other soft tissue inflammations
- Effectively reduces joint pains.
- The pottali massage helps improve and optimize blood circulation and perspiration, which helps for rejuvenating the surrounding tissues through the detox process.