- Agni karma
- Head and Face Massage
- Kati Basti
- Greeva Basti
- Jaanu Basti
- Hridaya Basti
Massage with medicated oil in a synchronized manner is called abhyanga. It is one of the pre operative procedures in many Panchakarma.
- Sarvanga Abhyangam– massage which is performed on full body
- Ekanga Abhyangam– massage of a speciﬁc part of body or a local massage
- Padabhyangam– A massage of foot, palms & sole
- Shiroabhyagam – Massage performed on head.
- Duration: It depends on which type of abhyanga
- 30 min to 90 min
- It is a fundamental part of Panchakarma and essential preliminary procedure, so it is done before all major panchakarma treatments. Improves blood circulation , increased cardiac return and facilitates removal of toxins from the tissues
- It is useful in all VATA disorders –particularly in Neurological & musculoskeletal disorders and also reduces pain.
- Lubricates the joints and surrounding muscles and ligaments consequently reduces pain and inﬂammation of joints.
- Abhyangam also muscle reduces stiffness, spasm in the and nourishes by increasing the blood circulation to the muscle
- Swedana is a treatment procedure in which sweat is induced by application of heat and warmth in the form of steam or by bringing the body/body parts in contact with heated medicaments (powders, leaves, processed rice, sand, etc) Swedana provides relief from Stambha (stiffness and catches), Gaurava (heaviness) and Sheeta (coldness) in the body or body
- Duration 10- 20 min Depending on the case, swedana may involve the entire body, or the treatment may involve only a very speciﬁc part of the body, and the duration of the treatment can
- Beneﬁts: Swedana has different therapeutic and physiological advantages. It enhances blood circulation by vasodilation and increases cardiac The increased blood ﬂow supplies vital nutrients to subcutaneous tissue and skin hence stimulating both cellular activity and growth of cells.
Shirodhara treatment upgrades the central nervous system and assists treating psychosomatic illness with anxiety and depression and mental fatigue. It likewise peels dead skin cells, relaxes muscular spasm, and equilibrium doshas in the body.
Why is Shirodhara done?
Shirodhara treatment helps to increase the level of Serotonin in the brain and is thought to regulate anxiety, happiness, and mood and reduce the levels of cortisol which is a stress hormone and thereby attenuates stress and improves the quality, a peaceful sleep.
How long is a Shirodhara treatment?
The Ayurvedic physician decides both the length and the number of days as indicated by the patient’s age, constitution, dosha status and the severity of the disease.
Duration: 30 min – 45 min Beniﬁts
- Relaxes mind
- Gives better results in Anxiety, Depression &
- Improves concentration
- Get excellent nourishment to hair and scalp
- Reduces memory problems
- Reduces Hair Fall, dandruff, hair graying, scalp psoriasis
What is Elakizhi?
“Ela” means “leaves” and “kizhi” means “pouch”. The interaction includes the utilization of leaves fried in ayurvedic oil and attached to a linen fabric that helps structure the potli.
Elakizhi, also called Patra Pinda Sweda, is a type of sweat treatment used to give alleviation from pain and rejuvenate and reinforce the soft tissues, joints, and muscles
in the body. Kizhi is a massage treatment presented for the treatment of issues related with muscles, bones and joints.
What does it contain ?
● Eranda (Ricinus communis)
● Arka (calotropis procera)
● Nirgundi (vitex negundo)
● Rasna (pluchea lanceolata)
● Coconut scrapings
Duration: 15 min – 60 min
● Arthritis, Spondyloarthritis, Neck and Back pain, Sports injuries and for all other soft tissue inﬂammations
● Effectively reduces joint pains.
● The pottali massage helps improve and optimize blood circulation and perspiration, which helps for rejuvenating the surrounding tissues through the detox process.
- Podikizhi is a relaxing Ayurvedic therapy that uses ayurvedic churna (speciﬁc herbal powder) made of 8-12 rejuvenating herbs. This Ayurvedic Churna is tied up in a ‘kizhi’ which is then heated up and utilized for the massage on different parts of the
- An abhyanga or oil body massage is regularly suggested before the Podikizhi
Duration: 15 min – 60 min
- Alleviates pains, swelling in joints, muscular spasm, sprain and
- Cures sports
- Reduces weight in
- Improves blood circulation and inﬂammation
- Strengthens and rejuvenate the muscles
- Various Neurological conditions
Njavarakizhi also known as Shashtikashali Pinda Swedana. Njavara in Malayalam stands for the rice that grows in 60 days; Kizhi stands for“pouch”.
Njavarakizhi is a massage therapy used in Ayurveda to tone and strengthen the muscles and enhance nerve conductivity by pacifying vata dosha.The body is massaged with small cotton cloth pouches ﬁlled with cooked Njavara rice. The boluses are dipped in the herbal decoction made in cow’s milk and then applied all over the body to induce sudation (sweat).
Duration: 15 min – 60 min
- It helps pacify vitiated Vata Dosha that may cause several musculoskeletal problems Highly effective in AVN (Avascular Necrosis).
- Neurological conditions after CVA (Cerebrovascular accidents), Muscle wasting, Spasticity Reduces Numbness or pain in the affected muscles, muscle weakness, involuntary spasms or twitches.
- It helps to revitalize the sensory and motor functions It improves skin texture and muscle tone
The most famous deep tissue Ayurvedic Powder Massage and medicated oils to a great extent utilized body-conditioning program is known by the name Udvartana. In this method, the blend of endorsed ayurvedic medicines powders and oil are applied to the overall body. This message helps in reducing subcutaneous fat and furnishing the strength to the body alongside preventing the skin from turning out to be excessively rough or dry. This massage incorporates a few speciﬁc movements and the therapist’s guidance for 45 minutes consistently for apparent results.
Duration: 45 min – 60 min
- Improves skin complexion
- Eliminates excess subcutaneous fat from skin.
- Removes toxins from the skin by improving circulation in the skin.
- It also helps reduce excessive sweating, thus reduces body odor.
- If you feel heaviness in the body, it is an excellent choice for you
Mostly utilized in obesity, diabetic and PCOD cases, this therapy helps in eliminating excess pruthvi (earth) and Jal (Water) components with an extreme intention of reducing the fat.
Agni karma’, otherwise called ‘dahan karma’, is an interaction utilized in Ayurveda for different benign illnesses that are described by pain. In this interaction, the warmed shalaka (rods) of gold, silver, iron, copper and panch dhatu (ﬁve metals) are applied straightforwardly on the skin at the impacted site.
- Painful conditions of bones and joints. Joint stiffness, Muscle spasm, Tennis elbow Calcaneal spur, Plantar fasciitis, Osteoarthritis, Sciatica, Disc prolapse, Low back ache
- To remove the wart, To excise the corn from the heel
Head and Face Massage
- This is a massage pointed toward supporting the 5 sense Organs of the body, which are all present in the head, neck and face. It is a stress relieving therapy.
- This procedure is basically a delicate rub with medicated oil with pressure point stimulation of marma spots on the head and face. The aim is towards deep relaxation and furthermore to balance the progression of Prana & Udana vata.
- This treatment is utilized to get relief from insomnia, chronic headache, Migrain, Anxiety and depression and nervousness, and sinus issues. Balding and turning gray of hair at a younge age is additionally helped by this treatment.
It is the best treatment for low back ache, in which retaining warm medicated oil over the affected area is bordered with herbal and dough paste, followed by a gentle massage. to reduce the muscle spasm, balance the vitiated vata dosha.
Duration: 15-30 min
- Improves blood circulation in the affected area, relieves muscle spasm. Lubricate intervertebral joints & Cures degenerative diseases.
- Best results in Sciatica, Spondylites Relieves chronic backaches.
- Treats slip disc and other vertebrae disorders.
- Strengthens bones, muscles, ligaments and nerves.
The word Greeva alludes to neck and Basti represents holding something inside, mainly medicated oil. It is an Ayurvedic neck care and fundamentally a hot oil treatment.
Duration:- 30 min
- Improved ﬂexibility and smooth movements Relieves pains and muscle spasm
- Cervical spondylosis
- Cervical disc compression Vertigo
- Chronic pain at neck and shoulder region
Januvasti is one of the best and dependable Ayurvedic therapy for chronic knee pain, stiffness, inﬂammation and injury. The treatment includes retaining vata paciﬁying oil, warm ayurvedic oils over the impacted region on the knee joint utilizing gram ﬂour, followed by gentle massage or Abhyanga. The ayurvedic oils and medications for the treatment will be chosen in view of the patient disease condition.
Duration: 30 min
- Lubricate joints. Treats sports injuries.
- Extremely beneﬁcial in Osteoarthritis and Prevents degeneration in knee joints. Relieves pains, sprains, ligament tear, inﬂammation.
- Relaxes and nourishes knee joint bones, muscles, ligaments and nerves. Protect the cartilage of the knee.
- Reduces spasm and rigidity of muscles around knee and calf areas, thus Improves mobility.
Hrid Basti in Sanskrit refers to Hridaya, the heart and Basti, the container or retainer. This is also called Urobasti (Uro=chest and basti=retaining warm medicated oil
It is the best treatment for heart related disorders, in which retaining warm medicated oil over the chest area is bordered with herbal and dough paste, followed by a gentle massage.
Duration: 30 min to 45 min
- Paciﬁes aggravated Vata dosha in the chest region
- Nourishes and Strengthens the cardiac muscles; thus rejuvenate the heart Regulates cardiac functions
- Improves blood circulation and breathing
- The procedure is effective in the following conditions: Ischemic Heart Diseases, Cardiomyopathy, Valvular disease
The ayurvedic treatment procedure of ingraining medicated oils in the ears is called Karna Purana. It is helpful in ear infections including hearing loss, tinnitus, Meniere’s disease , swimmer’s ear and different disorders related with the ears.